Whether you’re walking the streets of Paris hunting down all the well known beauty pharmacies or going to Ulta / Sephora in your neighborhood shopping area, skin care in France is ahead of the curve.
The last time I was in Paris I searched for the pharmacy all the bloggers go to and could not find it, but I did notice all of the amazing products. Here is a Fun Fact : Sephora is apart of the Louis Vuitton brand and of course centers itself in Paris! Although the store is very Americanized it has lots of European flare.
Lumiere is a premiere product in Paris , it is used by all the celebrities as well as women who may be considered high maintenance because of it’s price point. I personally have fallen in love with Marco Badescu products. They are very affordable. I learned about the product from one of my favorite you tubers Jenn G. She mentioned while she was in New Orleans she came across this product and it was great for our humid/very hot weather. The rose spray is not only hydrating your skin but also has a lovely smell.
I think Badescu’s product is still not matching the stature of Parisian products, but should definitely be a contender. I hope to go back to Paris soon to discover more products. I will be keeping you guys updated on new products I try.
Hey guys, I hope everything is well! My hair is very curly ,and I only straighten my locks once in awhile to avoid heat damage. Growing up, having curly hair was a blessing and a curse. Sometimes it’s great because it gives me another option when I don’t want to put effort into a hairstyle, but other days I just really wish my hair was straight and out of the way. Taking care of curly hair comes with patience and education. It’s an important to know what products to use and what products to stay away from. If you are someone who has curly hair naturally , but have years of heat damage, it’s not the end of the world. You can restore your curls! But it’s going to take time and a new routine for hair care. Here are a few steps to get you started!
- Wash your hair with sulfate free shampoo and let your hair air dry. If the majority of your hair is loose waves and straight at the ends , don’t be alarmed. You will still be able to restore your curl pattern, but your hair strands must learn to readapt to it’s original state.
- Try a protein masque. You can try my favorite so far , which seems a little weird, but it does the trick. I personally have a lot of hair so …. First I crack two eggs and I wisp them right up as if I were making scrambled eggs. Next I take one avocado and I smash it , until it has a creamy texture. I then take honey ( I prefer honey maybe bought at a farmer’s market or a product that is organic). I put all ingredients into a bowl/mix it up/ apply to my hair. You want to start at the root and work your way down. The easiest thing to do is part your hair into sections. Leave the masque on for about 15 mins before rinsing with cool water.
- Try a bunch of products until you find those suited for your hair type. I have thick hair, but it is also fine , so it is not always resilient. As you go on this hair journey , your hair will enter several states. So the products you use will change every so often.
- Last but not least NO HEAT PRODUCTS. I know I know it sucks, but you have to say no. I am still on my hair journey, yes still. I’m not sure how much longer I have until my hair will be in the state I want it to be , but I have to be patient. You can straighten or flat iron your hair, but only a couple of times of year. If you can go without completely kudos. But realistically, every girl wants to change it up once in awhile.
Below are my favorite products as of now and Youtubers that may encourage you to start your journey!
- Left : Macadamia Natural Oil : Deep Repair Mask ; Right : Shea Moisture : African Black Soap Deep Cleansing Shampoo
- Left: Mixed Chicks: Deep Conditioner ( not currently using, but /I’ve used for years and love it ; Right: Macadamia Natural Oil : Shampoo and Conditioner ( I use the products specified for baby fine hair, but there is one for all hair types)
Photo credits : 1. folica.com 2. macadamiahair.com 3. mixed chicks (Walgreens ad) 4. macadamiahair.com
Favorite Youtubers for curly hair
- SunKissAlba – great for girls who are all about being NATURAL
- CurlyPenny- very funny / well educated on curly hair (self taught of course)
- RisasRizos- great for those of you who are on your hair journey or would like to start!
Both SunKissaAlba and RisasRizoz are closer to my hair type, but there are plenty of you curly haired Youtubers who will fit your hair type so go search for them!
Thanks for reading guys, if you like what you see, follow my page! bye 🙂
Hello Everyone , It’s been a long time since I’ve been able to blog. And I apologize if you were someone who looked at my blog almost every day. I have had a lot of changes in my life both positive and negative. I have left LF and am no longer pursuing a career in fashion design. I have realized although it has been a passion of mine since I was only a child, I am no longer interested in designing clothes for a living. This does not mean I will not promote new fashion and beauty products on my blog and tumblr account! But I will concentrate on beauty and make up guidelines as well as skin routines on my blog. I believe your skin is the first step when it comes to being you best self. I have chosen to pursue a career in medicine as a dermatologist. A personal side note is that I’ve suffered with a skin condition know as eczema since I was two years old. For anyone who has eczema, you know how miserable it can be. I have decided that I want to dedicate my life researching skin conditions/medicine and helping others who face the same issues with their skin as I do. I’m very excited for this new chapter in my life and to expose some of the new projects I have underway.
I have decided to make my blog and other projects a priority. It may start with a new post every week , but will eventually become a new post every few days. If you’re reading , hang in there because you will see new and exciting things very soon!
Don’t forget to check out my tumblr account as well http://www.becauseoffrida1992.tumblr.com for my everyday lifestyle/ fashion inspirations!
Greetings! My highly anticipated blog post is finally here 😉 I have a lot of favorite things I want to share that I not l only love for September, but also October which is the best month!
- Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer Broad $43
- Anastasia Brow Wiz $21
- Kat Von D Monarch Eyeshadow Palette $46
- Benefit Push-Up Liner $24
- top left : Jeffrey Campbell In Charge Platform Boot $268
- top right : Jeffrey Campbell Platforms (unknown)
- bottom left : Chuck Taylor Leather $70
- bottom right: Nike Benassi JDI Slide $20
So Psyched back pack
available at nastygal.com love love love this bag
Hope you love these as much as I do
I apologize to all my readers for not delivering with an awesome post yesterday! I have been extremely busy with the LF New Orleans sale and posting on our store’a Instagram. In case you guys were wondering I am no longer with Free People; I have moved on to the wonderful company known as LF! We are now having a sale for 60% and more on everything in our stores nationwide! Below I have included pictures from the New Orleans store Instagram.
I hope you guys check out the sale in your home town and follow my store on instagram @lfnola !
In the last episode of American Horror Story : Coven , “The Sacred Taking”, Lily Rabe’s character Misty Day seeks help from the coven. Day believes she is being hunted by someone after they invaded her home in the swamps of Louisiana. Misty brings along Myrtle Snow ( Frances Conroy) and they take refuge at the coven where they are greeted by Cordelia played by Sarah Paulson. After a failed attempt to lead Fiona to her own death, the women are forced to work together due to a mysterious witch hunter murdering their next door neighbor. I won’t reveal the witch hunter since many people have not yet seen the show! I have prepared an everyday look that incorporated Misty Day’s night-gown featured on last week’s episode. Make sure to tune into American Horror Story : Coven tonight only on FX 9/10 p.m.
And remember to check out Free People in New Orleans!
The first photo is how the slip appeared on the show worn by Misty Day. The second photo is the Lucy Button Front Maxi Slip which is available now on http://www.freepeople.com
I will now show the reader how to create a casual look for the maxi even though it is versatile and can also be dressy. Now that it is winter, I have put together an outfit that could be worn right now depending on how cold it is in your city.
- In photo one are under garments/ accessories :
A necklace or a hat are items that could really tie a simple look together! Shown here is a great statement piece known as the Remi Super Fringe Statement piece. It not only flares out on your chest which is cool , but it is also a great color, so it can be worn with several different things! I personally love hats and this one happens to be my favorite! The Novelty Band Brimmed Hat is great for the winter season , but also can be worn in the summer at festivals or other fun gatherings. I also have a love for thigh high and knee socks , so it is no surprise I have chosen to go with the Ingle Tall Sock(mink). I think everyone should have a few pair of patterned socks in their wardrobe whether they are a neutral color as seen above or several different colors. Camisoles are essential during the winter season or any season really because they are great for a cool layering look or they simply keep you warmer. The Rise and Shine Cami(blackberry) is great for this purpose!
- In photo two are the essentials that tie everything together
The Cross My Heart Cami (snow) , is another camisole but it can be worn alone and still look great! It is embroidered with a diagonal design which helps it stand out. The FP Cord Super Flares(midnight) are awesome! Free People is known for their flares but this color seems to really stand out! And last but not least I chose to top off the look with the Hybrid Heel Boots. Not only are they a great color that will go with anything but they look great on. Our store manager here at the Free People New Orleans store wore them just last week at our Christmas party! They in fact looked amazing on her. 🙂
Thanks you for reading! New Post Next Wednesday 1/10/14!